Do you need Fire Fighting training?
The following are BC Wildfire Service courses and as well as other courses instructed and organized by Apex Forest & Wildfire Services Ltd:
- S100 & S185 Minimum prerequisite for fire fighters. The S100 training includes: S130 Fundamentals of Fire Fighting, S190 Fireline Safety, S232 Portable Pumps and Water Delivery Systems & WHMIS
- Crew Leader training includes S230 Crew boss, S235 Burning off and Backfiring, S212 Fire Communications, and ICS 100.
- Safe Chainsaw Handling and Maintenance Training (PSO). This is a non-mandatory firefighting course but can significantly improve your chances of employment.
- Light Truck Drivers Training. This is a great course for any forestry job or everyday life situation.
- Safe ATV Operation. This course is a great asset to have in the forest industry.
The following are recommended courses instructed and organized independently from Apex:
- First aid See links for some ideas on places to receive training.
- Danger tree Assessor * Wildfire Module See links & directly contact UNBC for more information.