Registration: You need to contact us to register for the Orientation and Fitness test.
Dates: Orientation and Fitness Test (View Course Calendar
- DATES WILL BE POSTED JAN 2018
- TRAINING STARTS MARCH
Times and Location:
Time 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Place 3129 Heddle Rd Nelson BC
Entrance back bottom entrance of 3129
Park at Apex Shop next driveway past 3129
Job Orientation: We require potential employees to attend a job orientation. This is a great day for us to meet, for you to ask questions and for us go over every aspect of the job & our company.
We discuss how we pay, explain standby, fire wages, travel, equipment, marshaling points, safety policies etc. We review the mandatory the OHS.
Fitness test: Firefighting is a physical job which requires a certain level of fitness. Our contract with the BC Wildfire Service requires that our employees must pass the moderate capacity fitness test.
You must walk 3.2 km with a 25-pound backpack in 30 minutes or less.
- Well, fitting backpack (waist straps are recommended) and additional weight totaling 25 pounds ( Sand works great). Please pre -weight and evenly distributed the 25 pounds.
- Clothes & runners for the fitness test – suitable for any weather condition.
- Students, please know your cost of tuition/books for tax forms.
- Social insurance number and know your permanent mailing address including the postal code.
- We will be providing some snacks. Please bring your main lunch.